Monday, April 23, 2007

Error reading file with Sharepoint Designer

I am rebuilding a page on Sharepoint Designer 2007 and the file size keeps increasing dramatically. Plus the Designer tends to add a tremendous amount of white space throughout the HTML code behind to the point where it reached around tons of lines of HTML code (with only 6 web parts). And of course rendering time was dreadful. Couple of minutes later the Designer crashed and when I re-opened the website the file size has changed from 50Kb to almost 6.5Mb!! And of course Designer couldn't open it, but instead it displayed a message saying "Error reading file."


I solved it editing the file with another editor and deleting the +50K blank spaces.

3 Comments:

Blogger Henry Ong said...

Hey Fernando, may I ask which editor you used? I'm having hte same issues except my file size has not increased.

10:35 PM

 
Blogger U-t-h-r-a said...

Hey I have the same issue and Iam using Sharepoint Designer 2007 . Did you get any resolution ?Please mail me at uthra79@gmail.com

6:33 AM

 
Blogger Henry Ong said...

I just figured it out and wrote a blog post about it here:
http://blog.henryong.com/2007/09/01/sharepoint-designer-errors-when-opening-checking-in-checking-out-files-shrinking-transaction-log-files/

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home