Friday, April 16, 2010

Open XML SDK 2.0 weird issues

 

I was creating and modifying .docx Word files with the Open XML SDK and have got some strange behaviors.

One if them was that I wrote some code to open a blank document and added some Paragraphs with Bold fonts.

Then I opened it with Word and all was ok. I saw my created Paragraph on bold.

The problem was when I tried to open it on another computer. Word told me that the file was corrupted.

So I decided to open it with the Productivity Tool and validate the corrupted file and I got some info like this.

 

 Error description:The element has unexpected child element 'http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main:rFonts'.

Content type of part with error: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document.main+xml

 

Location Path.xpath:/w:document[1]/w:body[1]/w:p[6]/w:r[1]/w:rPr[1]

 

The code I used was something like this:

 

// Creates an RunProperties instance and adds its children.
public RunProperties GenerateRunProperties()
{
    RunProperties runProperties1 = new RunProperties();
    Bold bold1 = new Bold();
    RunFonts runFonts1 = new RunFonts(){ Ascii = "Trebuchet MS" };
    Color color1 = new Color(){ Val = "000000" };

    runProperties1.Append(bold1);
    runProperties1.Append(runFonts1);
    runProperties1.Append(color1);
    return runProperties1;
}

 

And when I deleted the Bold , all worked fine.

 

Someday I’d like to know why this happens…

Perhaps it happens in this CTP version…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home