Thursday, March 17, 2005

rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable on Reporting Services

Today i wanted to publish some reports i have designed for Microsoft SqlServer Reporting Services and i begin to experiment some errors.

I got the error that server doesn't exist or access is denied.

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. (rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable) Get Online Help
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Before two hours i realized that the server ip had changed, so that affected the Reporting Services Configuration.

I firstly solved it modifying my Hosts file a c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc with the new ip number.

Then i found that it can be solved with the rsconfig Utility

You can read its usage at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSUIREF/htm/cpu_rsconfig_v1_5f1e.asp?frame=true

So that i left my hosts file as was, and tested the solution with the rsconfig utility.
I opened the Command Prompt

and executed a line like this

rsconfig -c -sMyServerName -dReportServer -awindows -uDomain\Account -pMyPassword

And all becomes working fine.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had same problem today and i tried using the script specified above in the command line and after its execution i restarted the service and everything is fine now, thanks a lot.

Fabian

1:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this tip as well. None of the help files worked but this did.

1:28 PM

 
Blogger vinod said...

Thanks for this post. it helped me..

8:01 AM

 
Anonymous MJWagh said...

Thanks for the tip. It worked fine for me 2.

8:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. Thanks for the tip.

8:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You da man

I've almost gone crazy today working out what was wrong today and then I realized that I changed the server name, this worked a treat

Thanks

11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ghosh! u must be god

6:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing. I had a same problem for last two days. i tried lot of ways to resolved. but this is worked perfectly. thanks a lot for your posing.

saravanakumar.R

10:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this tip. It resolved my issue!!!!

12:18 PM

 
Anonymous Marcus said...

Great, it works.

12:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you master, you saved my day ;)

9:55 AM

 
Blogger Mofohead said...

Thanks a bunch! This resolved my issue and allowed me to proceed with my upgrade from SQL2005 to 2008 and saved me a call to Micro$oft. The only thing I would add is that after I ran that command I needed to cancel the upgrade process and launch it again. The second time it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this did the trick for me when i changed the servername

10:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a real help and saved lot of time and frustation especially when you were running in to several issues. Thanks for the post.

7:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot.. it saved a lot of time :)

9:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home