Thursday, March 17, 2005

DataGrid FAQ

I had thought to publish each item of the FAQ separately, but I 'll publish the complete list.

That is the complete list about Winforms Datagrid FAQ.


How can I programatically set the rowheight of a row in my Datagrid?
How can I autosize the rowheights in my datagrid?
How do I prevent sorting a single column in my Datagrid?
How do I programmatically select a row in Datagrid?
How can I translate a point to a cell in the datagrid?
I lost the settings in my Datagrid set during design-time?
How do I prevent a click into the grid highlighting a cell?
How do I prevent the datagrid from displaying its append row (the row at the end with an asterisk)?
How can I put a combobox in a column of a datagrid?
How can I catch a double-click into a column header cell?
How can I select the entire row when the user clicks on a cell in the row?
How can I get text from a column header in a MouseUp event?
How do I hide a column?
How do I color a individual cell depending upon its value or some external method?
How can I put a checkbox in a column of my Datagrid?
How can I restrict the keystrokes that will be accepted in a column of my datagrid?
How do I make a field auto increment as new rows are added to my datagrid?
How can I prevent a particular cell from being editable?
How do I move columns in a datagrid?
How can I do cell by cell validation in a datagrid?
How do I programmatically determine the selected rows in a datagrid?
How can I move rows by dragging the row header cell?
I want to do custom handling of special keys such as the Tab key or F2 in the TextBox of a column in the Datagrid. How do I subclass this TextBox to get at it virtual members?
How can I have a column of icons in my datagrid?
How can I tell if the current row has changed and whether I am on the AddNew row or not?
How do I hide the gridlines or set them to a particular color?
How can I get the selected text in an active gridcell?
How do I determine whether a checkbox in my datagrid is checked or not?
How can I bind the datagrid to a datasource without using any wizards?
How can I bind two datagrids in a Master-Detail relationship?
How do I get the row or column that has been clicked on?
How do I add an unbound column to my bound datagrid?
How do I get the row and column of the current cell in my datagrid?
How can I prevent the Enter key from moving to the next cell when the user is actively editing the cell and presses Enter?
How do I set the width of a column in my Datagrid?
How can I implement OLE Drag & Drop between a Datagrid and another OLE DnD object that supports the Text format?
How can I make my Datagrid support a single select mode, and not the default multiselect mode?
How can I get celltips or tooltips to vary from cell to cell in my Datagrid?
How can I get notification of the changing of a value in a column of comboboxes within my datagrid?
How can I make the datagrid have no currentcell?
How can I make my grid never have an active edit cell and always select whole rows (as in a browser-type grid)?
I have hidden (column width = 0) columns on the right side of my datagrid, but tabbing does not work properly. How can I get tabbing to work?
How can I get the number of rows in my Datagrid?
How do I format a date column in a datagrid?
How can I change the width of the row headers or hide them?
How do I catch a doubleclick in my datagrid?
How can I make my last column wide enough to exactly occupy all the client area of the datagrid?
How can I prevent my user from sizing columns in my datagrid?
How can I catch the bool values changing in a DataGridBoolColumn?
When I click on a row header, the row is selected and no cell is active. How can I do this programmatically?
How can I force the vertical scrollbar in my Datagrid to always be visible?
How can I autosize a column in my datagrid?
How can I get rid of the error icon that appears when there is an editing error?
How do I find the top-left visible cell in a datagrid?
I want to display negative values with a CR suffix, instead of a minus sign. How can I perform custom formatting on the cells in my datagrid?
I want to do sort of a database join of two tables. How can I use data from two DataTables in a single Datagrid?
How do I display a column of buttons such as pushbuttons or combobox buttons?
How can I put up a confirmation question when the user tries to delete a row in the datagrid by clicking on the row header and pressing the Delete key?
How can I enable column selections in my datagrid?
How do I programmatically scroll the datagrid to a particular row?
How can I place text in the rowheader column of my datagrid?
How do I set default values for new rows in my datagrid?
How do I iterate through all the rows and columns in my datagrid?
How can I specially color only the currentcell of my readonly datagrid?
How can I make the Enter Key behave like the Tab Key and move to the next cell?
How do I use the DataColumn.Expression property to add a computed/combined column to my datagrid?
How can I change the font used in a grid cell on a cell by cell or row by row basis?
How can I use a mouse to select cell ranges in my datagrid?
How can I control the cursor over my Datagrid?
How can I programatically add and remove columns in my Datagrid without modifying the DataTable datasource?
How can I have a column of bitmaps in a Datagrid?
How can I add my custom columnstyles to the designer so I can use them in my Datagrid at design time?
After scrolling with the mouse wheel on a selected row in a Datagrid I cannot get it back into view. Is there a work around?
How can I make the Datagrid column be blank and not display (null) as the default value?
How can I add a DateTimePicker column style to the Datagrid?
How do I determine the DataGridTableStyle MappingName that should used for a Datagrid to make sure the grid uses my tablestyle?
I have a derived DataGridColumnStyle. From within my Paint override, how can I get at other values in the Datagrid?
How do I retrieve the current row from a DataTable bound to a Datagrid after the grid has been sorted?
How can I catch when the user clicks off the grid, say to close the form?
How can I get a CheckBox column in a Datagrid to react to the first click?
How can I use events to restrict key input to grid cells?
How can I format columns in my Datagrid without explicilty adding DataGridColumnStyles?
How can I auto-adjust keyboard input? For example, make typing 12312002 be taken as a valid date, 12/31/2002.
Can I display the rows in my datagrid in a free-form layout using textboxes on a panel?
How can I tell whether a scrollbar is visible in my Datagrid is visible?
How do I autosize the columns in my Datagrid so they always fill the the grid's client area?
How can I prevent all the cells in my Datagrid from being edited without deriving GridColumnStyle?
How can I prevent the plus-minus icon that appears next to the row header when I have a datagrid displayed bound to a datasource that has a relation defined?
How can I display master-details-details in three separate grids?
In my datagrid, if I press tab to enter a column using a derived columnstyle, the column does not receive focus. Why?
How can I detect when a cell starts being edited, not when it becomes current?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home